WAXING : Everything you need to know
Waxing is an efficient hair-removal spa treatment, generally, your results might not appear to last as long as you would possibly like, with very few sprouts eventually stoning up here and there.
How often should I get my waxing treatment?
The optimum time between waxing is sometimes concerning 3 weeks, though this may vary from person to person. The additional you wax, the higher you’ll be able to estimate your hair growth for that optimum length.
Is there anything I should do before my waxing appointment?
• Refrain from taking a shower or bath immediately before the treatment.
• Make sure the hair is the appropriate length for waxing.
• Make sure that the area(s) to be waxed are clean.
What should I expect after my first waxing treatment?
Hairless skin! Also, everyone’s skin reacts differently to waxing treatments, but you can expect to have temporary redness and minor irritation for a day or two. Slight itchiness may be experienced as the hair grows out. Proper post-wax care will alleviate these symptoms quickly.
How can I prevent ingrown hairs?
For the next 24-48 hours avoid on the waxed areas:
• use of exfoliating products (Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products, loofahs, scrubs, etc.)
• direct sun exposure and tanning beds
• creams with fragrance or ingredients that may irritate
• deodorant: it results in irritation and clogging of open follicles
• wearing tight clothing: results in irritation and inflammation
• excessive heat, such as that from hot tubs and saunas. Warm showers are okay.
• exercise, if it may cause chaffing or sweating
• touching the freshly waxed area: this encourages irritation
Can I shave between waxing appointments?
No. Please do not shave between waxing appointments! It disrupts the hair growth cycle resulting in more hair at your next appointment.
Will waxing make my hair grow back thicker/stronger/darker?
Waxing does not cause you to grow more hair follicles. In fact, if you become a regular waxer, you will notice that your hair will become quite sparse and not as coarse.
The Benefits of Waxing
• Smooth and even skin
• No cuts or bruises
• Stubble free skin
• Irritation and allergies-free
• Slow hair re-growth
If you’re looking forward to your next waxing appointment, the great news is things do pick up, do contact us or visit our website, GlamShe